This CIBTAC Award in Stone Therapy Massage qualification is designed to ensure you have all the necessary skills to work professionally in the International Spa Environment as an experienced massage therapist.
The Level 3 Award in Stone Therapy Massage is a substantial internationally recognised vocational qualification that will add to your profile of skills. It is composed of four mandatory modules that cover health and safety, client care, promote and sell products and applying stone therapy massage.
Throughout this qualification you will develop a range of technical skills enabling you to provide relaxing stone therapy massage treatments using both hot and cold stones and chakra balancing.
In this course you will study a variety of modules covering:
- Health and Safety including Spa Environment and professional image
- Client care and communication within the beauty related industries
- Promote and sell products and services to the client
- Consultation including skin and body analysis
- Contra-indications that prevent or restrict treatment (requiring medical permission)
- Anatomy and physiology including 5 systems of the body
- Preparation for treatment including selection of treatment specific products and hot and cold stones.
- Performance of treatment routine and processes including various techniques and knowledge of stone therapy
- How to conclude with home-care and aftercare advice including retail sales and further treatments.
Hours of Study
The Modules can be accessed at any time to suit your own time frame, and can be revisited as often as you require ensuring your learning is embedded. To meet the CIBTAC requirement the minimum hours of study must be 151 hours.
For the Award in Stone Therapy Massage can be from a minimum of 72 hours up to a maximum 1 year guided hours.
The believe online virtual education system will assess you in each aspect of your learning by using a quiz that will be graded immediately.
You must produce a portfolio of evidence including 4 full treatment plans covering 2 full body massages using hot and cold stones.
There is a requirement for you to complete an assignment that will be marked by your tutor To assist you in preparing for the examination the assessor will meet with you for practical assistance developing your techniques.
The examination is by an independent CIBTAC examiner, who will spend 15 minutes before each exam with specific instructions.
For the Award in Stone Therapy Massage there will be a 30 minute multiple choice written paper, and a separate 1 hour practical exam.
Massage couch & trolley
Range of massage mediums
Hot stones cabinet and range of stones including semi-precious
Health & Safety equipment, thermometer, thermal gloves
£1,250 payable to believe LTD, which is through online secure payment method.
CIBTAC lifetime registration fee is £25 this is a one off payment, that covers you for all future courses. Payable on enrolment to CIBTAC.
CIBTAC examination fees for the Caribbean from 1st September to 1st September 2016 Level 3 Award in Stone Therapy Massage £77. Payable 3 months prior to examination date, non-refundable. Payable to CIBTAC.